Hi, I’m Anna. I’m 38 and have two children, a boy aged six and a girl aged two. This year
I’ve been busy learning the ropes of having a school-aged child and caring for my
toddler. I also work in research in child language development and children’s
literacy. And I am part of an amateur musical theatre group.
I am what you could safely call a bookish person, and rather non-sporty… but I dig BBB!
“I found that with the workouts being just 20 minutes long, I could do it!”
- A year after my daughter was born I wanted to get into more regular exercise. But I found the prospect of trying to get to a physical class every week daunting. Body Beyond Birth sounded like it could work for me.
- I was doubtful whether I would actually do the workouts on my own at home.
- For me, the goal was not so much weight loss. I wanted to feel stronger and have more energy so I could cope better with all my mummy duties.
- I knew my pelvic floor was not in good shape!
- I found that with the workouts being just 20 minutes long, I could do it!
- I found that even if I got to 8pm after finally getting the kids to bed, I could still summon the mental strength to get out my mat and “just do 20 more minutes”. When I all I really wanted to do was collapse on the couch, 20 minutes felt do-able.
- I was so into it that my husband gave me weights for Christmas so I could finally stop using cans of tomatoes.
- It had definitely worked. I knew I could do exercises I hadn’t been able to do at the beginning of the program. I could also do the yoga videos that I had found near to impossible at the beginning!
- I like that my kids see me doing the program. I’m setting a good example for them. They like to come over on the mat or next to me and do their Pilates moves, too.
- My favourite recipe tip was to try almond milk in my morning porridge. So simple, but I would never have thought of it on my own! Yum. I think I might try coconut milk too.
- My favourite Body Beyond Birth exercise is the Hindu squat. I love the control over your body when you manage them. You feel so powerful and strong.
Online Pilates program as unique as you are.
Love exercising? More of a ‘fitness is a swear word’ kind of girl? Or maybe you feel a
jolt of panic every time you sneeze, just in case your bladder leaks? We hear you.
Our programs are designed to meet you where you are, so you can build a healthy,
strong and fit body no matter your circumstances or fitness levels.
So, which BBB program suits you