Hi, I’m Nicky. I’m wife to my British hubby and mummy to 3 boys aged 6, 3 and 4 months. I live in Sydney, Australia, and am currently on maternity leave from my job in disability. I’m also a photographer and love to capture everyday moments of families so they have them to look back on in years to come. This is my story as to why I workout online with Body Beyond Birth.
I gave birth to my third boy in December 2015.
I don’t have the easiest pregnancies – having hyperemesis, pelvic pain, and severe reflux- to name but a few of my pregnancy challenges. When I am pregnant, I am pretty much in “survival” mode the whole time.
With the most recent pregnancy, I didn’t exercise at all. Being our last baby, I’d told myself I needed to put the energy into trying to get back in shape (and into a healthier lifestyle) once bub was born.
But I adopted a no excuses attitude. I joined the Body Beyond Birth 12 week program when I was 9 weeks postnatal after receiving the all clear from my OBGYN. I chose the level 1 program as I had recently had a caesarean and also had abdominal separation.
Over the past 12 weeks I’ve followed the program, completing the online workout plans in the comfort of my own home.
I’ve completely changed my nutrition and can honestly say I am now eating the healthiest I have in many years.
I love that it’s not a diet, but more a lifestyle change. I feel this is much more sustainable for me. I also feel that I’m now leading a much better example for my boys in having a healthy lifestyle now and in the future. They love joining me when I do the online Pilates sessions. And I’ve become much more active with them, which benefits all of us.
“I can fit into clothes I couldn’t even consider before my pregnancy. And have gotten a bit of “me” back.”
- I don’t have the easiest pregnancies – having hyperemesis, pelvic pain, and severe reflux- to name but a few of my pregnancy challenges. When I am pregnant, I am pretty much in “survival” mode the whole time.
- With the most recent pregnancy, I didn’t exercise at all.
- I think anyone with a newborn knows how hard it is to get the time, energy, and motivation to exercise.
- Add to that I had 2 other boys who needed me, including school related activities. So I was busy, busy, and busy!
- I’ve noticed changes in my body.
- I have also had many people comment as well, which is super nice!
- I can fit into clothes I couldn’t even consider before my pregnancy. And have gotten a bit of “me” back.
- My favourite BBB recipt: The easy flip pancakes with chocolate drizzle are definitely a favourite for me- as well as my 3 year old!
- I don’t love the plank exercise. But I did find it amazing how much stronger I felt doing it at the end of the 12 weeks of the program!
- This program goes beyond a workout online. All the nutritional advice has completely changed how I eat and view mealtimes. I’m now eating healthier, cleaner foods and portion sizes are much more appropriate.
Online Pilates program as unique as you are.
Love exercising? More of a ‘fitness is a swear word’ kind of girl? Or maybe you feel a
jolt of panic every time you sneeze, just in case your bladder leaks? We hear you.
Our programs are designed to meet you where you are, so you can build a healthy,
strong and fit body no matter your circumstances or fitness levels.
So, which BBB program suits you